The Archdiocese of Dubuque purchased a five-acre plot of property in Southeast Cedar Rapids in September 1947. The founding congregation of eighty families helped choose the name All Saints, and an architect was commissioned to develop a school facility for the location.
Archbishop Henry P. Rohlman (about 1948) prepares the blessing for the All Saints construction site.
All Saints Church, which began construction in 1965, was perhaps our most major construction project.
Work on the church officially began in May of 1965.
Fr. David O'Connor led a $8.3 million construction project in 2009. It included a partial renovation of the school and church, as well as the construction of a narthex, social hall, parish offices, a parking lot, and a walkway connecting the church and school.
The first Mass in the renovated church was conducted on Christmas Eve 2009, after the renovations were completed.